Type: Full-time(Freelance contract)
Start Date: February3rd, 2021
Duration: 6 months (with option to renew)
FSPN-Africa is looking to hire field officers for a short-term engagement to collect data for the Digital Agriculture Africa project. This is a digital solution to improve physical accessibility of food for consumers and markets for the smallholder farmers in Kenya and Nigeria.
The main goal of this project is to provide a farm to fork solution with zero contact to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
As a field officer, your duties and responsibilities for the duration of the contract are as follows;
- Mobilization and registration of smallholder farmers to be included in the project
- Ensure proper respondent screening for eligibility and administration of informed consent
- Data collection and entry as assigned by the Project Officer
- Record and update smallholder farmers and their production
- Assist in facilitating scheduled small holder farmer training on good agricultural practices
- Identifying and communicating the specific extension services the smallholder farmers need to the Organization
- Providing feedback during debriefs on field operations and survey instruments that will inform
- Ensure data integrity and quality is maintained always and minimize errors in survey administration
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner including keeping log of work accomplished and callbacks as assigned by Project Management
- Interact with the community members with the highest level of integrity and understanding
- Diligent completion of checklists, reports and other means of monitoring data as per the projects schedule.
- Proper use, storage and maintenance of project equipment
- Keeping the Organizations documents confidential to unauthorized parties
- A degree or diploma in Agriculture or related fields
- At least 1 year experience working in Agriculture and related fields at community level
- Experience working as field officers in Agriculture and food security related fields will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Ms. Word, Ms. Excel and spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and reporting skills
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili and at least one of the local Kenyan languages.
Personal Leadership Qualities
Some of the leadership behaviors that are particularly important and expected within the FSPN-Africa team and for this role include:
- Fire in the belly: Demonstrate passion for what we are doing. Move at light speed to own our market. This is not a 9 to 5 job – we are living and breathing the impact we are trying to achieve in real time.
- Grit: Stamina to stick it out regardless of how hard things get. Perseverance to do what it takes to achieve our short-and long-term goals.
- Proactivity: Suggest new ideas and roll up your sleeves to take action that maximizes impact and adds value.
- Solutions-focus: Use foresight to pre-empt and manage potential issues. If problems do happen, be open about them and find ways to solve them and turn them into opportunities.
- Hustle: Develop ambitious strategies. Align priorities and objectives with the bigger picture.
- Trust: Gain commitment of individuals and stakeholders (internal and external) in a compelling way.
- Innovation: Create an environment that supports creativity and sparks new ways of thinking and doing.
- Focus: Do all it takes to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop self and team: Find opportunities for learning, development and growth.