POSITION TITLE: RESEARCH OFFICER
POSITION STATUS: Full time
REPORTING TO: Project Manager, Regional Director
LOCATION: FSPN AFRICA
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Some out of normal working hours is required – for example meetings and Workshops
You may be required to work from other City
Work sites may vary from time to time, and may be required to change work locations in the future (i.e. within the scope of our operations).
1. Facilitate the enhancement of collaborative research development between local and international investigators, including participating in the development of SOPs and policies guiding research at FSPN – Africa.
2. Coordinate and facilitate the activities of program/project coordinators, research data managers and research assistants.
3. Participate in the recruitment of research project staff and training in research administration and good clinical practice.
4. Work together with the Principal Investigators, field co-directors of research and human resource department in ensuring salary harmonization between projects.
5. Develop and manage the budget for the Research Program.
6. Develop and implement the procurement plan for the research program.
7. Respond to request for information about sites for investigators and organize for site visits.
8. Be the initial contact person for information related to the research project under development. 9. Support investigators in preparing the budget template when applying for grants, ensuring that the budget template is in line with the research office SOP on grants and proposal development. 10. Monitor and maintain a list of on-going researches and responsible personnel.
11. Prepare research monthly reports to management, quarterly reports to the Board and the publication compendium.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Certification in Project Management and/or Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is an added advantage.
2. Should have worked in a research project for a minimum of 2 years.
3. Should have experience in presenting in workshops/conferences – either local or international.
4. Certification in Research Administration and membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to email@example.com by Friday 22nd January 2021.
- Cover Letter
- Additional supporting documents
(You can also submit your application through the form on the right)